If I am a beneficiary of life insurance and the insured person dies, what documentation do I have to submit to collect compensation?
To collect the life insurance compensation, the beneficiary must present the following documentation:
- DNI of the beneficiary and a photocopy of it.
- Birth certificate and death certificate of the insured.
- Medical certificate of the insured in which the cause of death and the origin and evolution of the illness or accident that caused the death are explained.
- In the case of death by accident, the testimony of the judicial proceedings must be presented.
- Certificate of the Registry of Last Wills of the insured.
- Copy of the last Will, Notarial Act of Declaration of Heirs or Judicial Order of Declaration of Heirs.
- Settlement and letter of payment of the Inheritance and Donations Tax (ISD).
- Instance (in duplicate) that contains the data of the insured and the beneficiary, the name of the insurance company, the policy number and the capital to be collected. In some cases, the insurer may request a copy of the contracted life policy.
- In the event that the heirs have not been designated by name and surname, but are recorded as such, for example, the legal heirs, it will also be necessary to present:
- the marriage certificate (in the case of being the spouse)
- the family book (in the case that the beneficiaries are the children)
Find the best life insurance, individual or group, at PuntoSeguro.com
At PuntoSeguro we not only process your life policy, but we also help you with any future process you may need. We also advise you when taking out your policies, both individual and collective, and we inform you of the best rates to renew your insurance with the necessary advance notice.
In addition, in our life insurance comparator you can compare the prices and conditions of the best life policies on the market, including life insurance with coverage in the event of absolute permanent disability. And just by taking out a life policy at PuntoSeguro you will participate in the #RetoPuntoSeguro, an exclusive challenge that we propose to company employees so that they are rewarded when they exercise.
Through the PuntoSeguro Fit App , the physical activity of each user is rewarded through challenges, both individual and collective. In addition to keeping track of your daily physical activity and contributing to social causes (collaborating in overcoming the collective challenge), you can obtain a discount of up to €120 on each renewal of your insurance, as you overcome the individual challenge month after month.
If you need more information to take out insurance or need any additional clarification, do not hesitate to contact us.